Review: Bolthouse Farms Fruit Smoothies

Wednesday, September 16, 2009


I just fell in love with Bolthouse Farms immunity support C-BOOST fruit smoothie. I'll ignore the cheesy title of the flavor because, honestly, "immunity support" lead me to it to begin with. In a classroom with sick kids, I need all the help I can get.

I love real fruit drinks, and this is definitely a nice change from the typical. The bottle says it contains 1 1/2 mango, 66 acerola cherries, and 6 1/4 apples. The only problem I had was the bottle is supposedly 8 servings, but I drank it within 3 helpings. It's 8 *small* servings. It's 100% juice (combination of from and not from concentrates) with no added sugars. The flavors mingle and interact to form a distinct flavor with hints of apple and cherry. If I didn't know better, I'd say there was orange in there, too.

I've tried a couple of other flavors of Bolthouse Farms, and each was unique and flavorful. I liked the Mango, and Green Goodness was good mixed with my homemade smoothies. Each one is a little thicker than juice and REALLY smooth. The bottle says "Shake well. Settling is natural," but there's NO pulp either way.

At $4 or more for 1 qt., the Bolthouse Farms smoothies are a rare treat for me. I scout out my local grocery store and snatch one when it's marked down to $1.99 on Produce Manager's Special (usually close to the expiration date). I figure 6 apples, 66 cherries, and 1 mango would cost me more than $1.99 if I wanted to make my own smoothie, so I'm actually saving money by buying the bottle :)

0 comments: