All Things Considered

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It looks about 87% certain that Miriam Engelberg and I will be on National Public Radio's "All Things Considered" tomorrow, to be interviewed by Melissa Block. Miriam and I are scheduled to meet in a San Francisco radio studio in the morning, where I gather we'll talk with Ms. Block long-distance from wherever she broadcasts.

This is another big deal and another first for me.

Among the things I don't know: how long the interview will go, what we'll talk about, how it'll be edited, and when it'll run (tomorrow, I guess, but I'm not certain). Since we're meeting in the morning and "All Things Considered" is broadcast in the late afternoon whenever I've heard it, I assume we're not live but I don't even know that for sure. As they say, check your local listings. I'm comfortable playing it by ear.

I had the pleasure of meeting Miriam Engelberg in person last night. We've exchanged a few e-mails in the past and she conveniently had a book signing less than an hour from my home, so I thought I'd go watch her work and steal ideas. She gave a good, funny talk and invited me to spend tonight on her futon before our radio
appearance--one of the nicest offers anyone's made to me in a long time, although I didn't take her up on it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments: