The dental hygienist and I were alone in the room waiting for the dentist to arrive. In the interim, she told me that she saw someone on the street, walking their dog who looked just like me. She approached them using my full name, and disclosing the exact nature of the procedure for which I was scheduled to ask why I missed an appointment. I thought it was strange that she disclosed all this information after seeing this person's face. I have paid in advance for major dental treatment, half of which I have received, and half of which remains to be done. The incident I just mentioned, plus a few other odd occurrences has me feeling extremely uncomfortable and unwilling to trust the dentist in charge of my care. I would be grateful for advice.
--------------------
Well you said this was the Hygienist that did this, not the doctor. So why mistrust him? Yes there are HIPAA laws that she clearly broke, it happens. Not everyone is thinking about that outside of the office, but she should be. Sounds like the doctor needs to have a meeting and remind his staff of the laws. You could tell him the story and suggest this to him. I think he should know since his staff is representing his office. He would probably appreciate the feedback very much. You did not mention the other problems that you had with them, but I do not think this should kee p you from finishing your treatment. Voice your concerns though, you will rest easier for the rest of your treatment. You do not want it on your mind every time you walk in the place. Communication is key. All the best
Source
Dental hygenist disclosed personal information to a third party?
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Posted by
Bobby vaizZ
at
6:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment