Hello, I am a medical assistant and I know all about navigating through loop holes in medical insurance. However, I am clueless when it comes to dental insurance, although I figure they must be similar. Anyway, my question is this: Does anyone know how to get around an insurance company to get dental implants covered? I was born with 5 missing adult teeth (the adult teeth just never grew in after I lost my baby teeth). One of my bottom front teeth went unnoticed and is now a lost cause. However, 4 of my molars have been gone since they were surgically removed in 2001 (the bottom two were fused to my jaw and the top two were dead but stuck between two adjacent teeth). I have had to wear retainers since 2001 to keep the spaces between my teeth until I could get implants. When I went for a consult a couple years ago, my insurance told me they would not cover any of it, as it was considered "cosmetic." Now, I am about to receive dental insurance again, and want to know what I can do/say to get this covered; I cannot wear retainers my whole life, bridges are out of the question, and if I don't get this taken care of, I have been told my teeth will "fall in, then fall out." Help!
--------------------
If your insurance won't cover the implants, you could look into a discount dental plan to cover your implants. The premiums are usually less expensive than insurance. I have located a website that you can use to compare discount dental plans, as I only have personal experience with Ameriplan. I will list both below as sources for you. I would compare each plan's monthly premium, number of local providers, and the savings you would receive on your implants. I wish you the best of luck.
Source
Dentists/dental assistants- insurance help?
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Posted by
Bobby vaizZ
at
8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment