Hi, My question is, is it possible to get the process of dental implants half done by one dentist and half by another. To elaborate more, I have got done half of the process of my dental implants by a dentist in cityA. The Dentist there has put screw in my jaws. This was done around 6 months earlier. Sometime back I had to change my place and now I came to CityB which is 1200kms from CityA. The rest of the process i.e. placing of the apartment and tooth on the screw is yet to get done. As I am feeling difficult to get some vacation and visit City A to get rest of the process done, hence is there any possibilities that the rest of the dental implant process could get done in City B (the dentist of cityA cannot come to cityB hence I have to refer some new dentist here in cityB). 1. Is there any possibilities to getting the process split between two dentist. 2. If yes, what care should be taken (things I should look for) 3. What are the risks involve.
--------------------
I think this is a perfectly acceptable solution. You have paid for everything up to this point with Dentist A. You do need to give them the heads up and tell them you have moved and will be finishing treatment elsewhere. More often than not only the first part is done through an oral surgeon or periodintist and the rest of the process is completed by a general dentist. You will need to let the two correspond because Dentist A needs to let Dentist B know which size implant was used to get the matching sized abutment(kind of like a metal post that attaches to the peice in your jaw.) Implants are a wise choice. Good luck and enjoy your smile once again. =)
Source
Getting the dental implants process split between dentist?
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Posted by
Bobby vaizZ
at
12:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment