I have extreme, irrational, paralyzing fear of the dentist. I recently went because of an abscess tooth, and I need alot of work done. I really REALLY want to follow through with the treatments but I am scared to death. I obsess over it and think about it constantly. So, I went to my primary care physician, she prescribed Klonopin, .5mg twice a day. It was really working well, I was on it for about a week. Then, I had a skin reaction, rash and red blotches all over, and I had to stop taking it. My usual doc was out when this happened, the doc on duty changed me to Buspar. I have taken it for 3 days and CAN'T STAND IT. It makes me dizzy, sick to my stomach, and gives me a headache. Also, it does nothing for the fear and anxiety. I read about it and discovered it can take several weeks to work, which does me no good considering these dental treatments are all going on NOW. I feel like a benzo is my best bet, since this is short term (to get me through my dental treatments). What should I suggest to my doctor?
--------------------
ERIN, THE DENTIST CAN GIVE YOU ORAL ANTI-ANXIETY MEDS. EITHER BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT OR THE DAY OF TREATMENT (ORAL SEDATION). BE SURE YOU TALK AND EXPLAIN THIS TO YOUR DENTIST, ESPECIALLY THE PAST DRUG REACTIONS. ORAL SEDATION WITH HALCION SOUNDS LIKE THE WAY TO GO.
Source
Need help finding the right anxiety medication for dental fear!?
Friday, January 14, 2011
Posted by
Bobby vaizZ
at
2:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment