Last night, about 12:30 am I had a tooth to break off. I've had trouble with this tooth for a while, even after I had it filled. I am in an income bracket that can barely afford to pay for my current bills. And despite every option I take to improve my financial situation nothing seems to work. I am truly scared. I've always tried to take care of my teeth, but going to the dentist every six (6) months seems out of the question. I assume that it's pride, but I hate asking for financial assistance, especially from the Government. There's too many people who abuse the system, and I don't want to be considered one of them. I've heard that some dentists offer payment plans, but also that a dentist is not likely to extend credit to someone they don't know. I've heard that I can go to a dental college, but the closest one is approximately 100 miles away. I am unable to get a loan because of my credit and financial situation. I did break down and call the DFACs office, but they said that they were out of funding on this. Even if you cannot help. Thank you.
--------------------
Many dental clinics offer payment plans. I would never advise seeking treatment at a clinic, but in your case, I will. But be careful, they tend to take advantage of people and treat more than is necessary. Tell them that you ONLY want the broken tooth fixed for now due to finances. Broken teeth can usually be repaired with a crown. Some may need a root canal, but if yours is beyond repair, it may need to be extracted. If that is the case, let them extract it and go with out a replacement for now. You can go without a replacement for about a year, sometimes longer. If it is a tooth that you can see when you smile or talk, you may want to get a stayplate. These are for cosmetic purposes only and not to be used for chewing food. Good Luck
Source
Need advice on paying for dental work?
Friday, January 14, 2011
Posted by
Bobby vaizZ
at
7:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment