Snow Days - Living Better Than Well

Friday, January 14, 2011

The power never went out, Thank God, but I've been out playing in the snow instead of posting. I know for you northerners, it's not a big deal. But this was the most snow I've ever seen in this area (at 5.5"...)! Sledding, snow angels, snowmen, an igloo, snow cream - we did it all. The house was a cluttered mess, but I trampled through the snow with my family to enjoy some time together outdoors among God's wonderful creation.

There was one morning I was swinging high in a swing suspended from a tree (can't even remember the last time I did that), and I watched the snow-covered landscape woosh under me. I couldn't help but smile, and a small chuckle escaped. There may be so much wrong with the world, but in that moment everything was fine. Actually, it was better than fine. That was one of those perfect mornings. Ever have a moment or day like that...when joy practically explodes from your heart? That's not just "living well." That's living greatly, how life would be lived in a perfect world.

Ever gone down a hill backwards on a sled? I don't recommend it if there are any possible obstacles you may hit. Here's my friend (watching out for the upcoming pole) after he hit a snow drift that turned him around.

0 comments: