It's Just My Opinion, but...

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Outbursts of anger really don't get you anywhere good. I witnessed an angry yelling match today between some young men with hot tempers. In the end, no one listened to the other's side and they all left frustrated and still angry.

It's ok to get angry, but how you express that anger will determine the outcome. I heard once that "you can't control what goes on around you. The only thing you can control are your reactions to it."

Well I'm angry, too.


I'm angry at the pharmaceutical companies for giving in to greed and pushing harmful, poorly tested medications onto the unsuspecting public. I'm angry at stockholders for expecting pharmaceutical companies to make them rich at the expense of others.

I'm angry at food manufacturers who willingly and knowlingly put unnatural chemicals in our foods and try to avoid us discovering all of those chemicals. And at the government for turning their backs and letting the food manufacturers come up with their own rules. And at farmers who mistreat the animals before they become dinner. And at all of us who force the farmers to find cheaper and quicker (yet more harmful) ways to grow produce and animals because we want more for less cost. Yes, I'm including myself in this. I'm angry at myself and how I fit in to this vicious cycle.

My anger is not directed at specific people, for the most part. It's a whole system that is screwed up, not just one person.

The question is, what is my reaction going to be? Keep checking back for ideas on fighting fake food and bad medicine.

0 comments: