Working With What You Have

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I had a craving for something sweet and bready today, like cake or cookies or something. I didn't want to wait long or work hard for it, so I looked through the cupboards for something quick.

Here's my solution to working with what I have:
1 millet & flax seed wrap
Spread with a little honey and sprinkled with cinnamon
Baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

Millet and flax seed wraps are not common in my kitchen. It just happened to be what I had on hand today.
The final result was a sweet wrap that was crispy on the edges and a little chewy towards the center. Most importantly, it worked on my craving.

Working with what we have doesn't have to be elegant or pretty. We don't always need elaborate recipes. The final result just has to be tasty to us.

0 comments: