How do you guys pay for medical procedures?

Friday, December 31, 2010

I am paying $350.00 a month for medical coverage, no dental, no vision. My deductible is $3,500.00 I need surgery right now and cannot pay the deductible how do I get this done, is there a way? I pay this high premium to pay for others, I need help and don't get any. Should I stop paying my premium, and just drop into a hospital for free care? There are some that is doing this why not? I paid for years into this so called system now I need help...
--------------------
that sounds like the worst health insurance i've ever heard of!! first off though, what kind of surgery do you need right now? if it is an emergency, then yes, go to a hospital. they will do it in order to save your life regardless of your ability to pay. but if its something non urgent, then you will be discharged, and told to follow up with a surgeon. --an example would be 1) if you had acute appendicitis, then they would perform surgery regardless of pay. 2) if you had a torn knee ligament, then you would be discharged, sent home and told to follow up with an orthopedic surgeon, who might ask for payment. --by the way, what insurance do you have for it to be so high, and how many people are on the plan, and if you do have to pay the deductible, then talk to the insurance company to try to make payments on it.
Source

0 comments: