What was hygeine like in the 1940's?

Friday, December 31, 2010

My nana tells me people were cleaner than they are today; she said she and everyone she knew showered daily; used back scrubbers and cleaned their hands and faces regularly. She also said dental care was better; is she telling the truth?
--------------------
She was absolutely correct. I was born in 1939 and I ALWAYS took a bath or shower before bed time EVERY NIGHT.. we had some LOOFA sponges in the bathroom and hand and face washing was done on a regular basis.. especially after going to the toilet. People were a lot healthier then and we didnt HAVE all the antibiotics in the 1940's and 1950's that are avaliable today, so people were more clean then than today. I don't know what kind of cave or barn some of these other people who answered this question came from, but we were not considered wealthy but we STILL had HOT WATER in real WATERHEATERS and we had REFRIGERATION for foods even though we din't have air conditioning in your homes until about the mid 1950's. Anyway, I am 70 YEARS OLD so I can still REMEMBER those years of the 1940's and 1950's..
Source

0 comments: