How much worst are my chances?

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I averaged A&B's in high school (3.4 GPA). I couldn't get into the college i wanted to go so i missed this semester. I'm planning to attend a 2 year college by spring semester and then later on transfer to a 4yr college. I was looking into Health Care. My question is how bad are my chances getting into dental, pharmacist, or med school after college knowing that i started at a community college. Is there anything i can take that would improve them. And what mayor would give me an edge. Please any advice would be helpful
--------------------
I started out the same way you did. I took a year at my community college and took all my science prerequisites. the important thing is getting spectacular grades at your community college. Then you'll be going into the 4 year institute with a 4.0. I started out at my 4 year institute (University of Illinois at Chicago) going into pre pharmacy. If you are looking into health care I would recommend a B.S. in chemistry or biochemistry if you are looking into pharmacy, or a B.S. in biological sciences or neuroscience is you are looking into medicine or dentistry. You're chances are a little diminished from those students who started freshman year there, but you will only be missing out on your gen eds. The important thing is to also get to know people within the field you are looking to go into. Volunteer at a hospital, or get a job as a pharmacy technician. Starting out at a two year institute won't hurt you, as long as you kick but at your science courses such as gen chem and bio, organic chemistry, microbiology, and such. Concentrate on making yourself stand out from other students. Try to get into the honors college. You'll be just fine. I got into the pharmacy program here after my Junior year, without ever even getting my bachelors :)
Source

0 comments: