What would be the disadvantages of becoming nurse for my own children?

Thursday, December 30, 2010

If I become a nurse do you think I will have enough time to take care of my own kids?I mean do you think this is a right major for me...how do you compare it to dental hygienist ..I like to continue my education to become a CRNA .......I am 37 years old student at college now.Thanks .
--------------------
Nursing is a very unsociable job. If you can avoid it with young children I would. You are concerned about missing out on their childhoods and I guess this is why you have asked this question. I always believe if there is any doubt - don't. Dental hygienists have better working hours and conditions for running a home and family. I don't know how the salary compares but sometimes its better to take less money for better hours. Many trained nurses have difficulties with their marriages if their partners are not totally unselfish. You need to weigh up the risks to yourself and your family of a career in nursing at your age. Nursing should ideally be done by young energetic women. By the time to get to fifty you won't want to work physically hard and then what will you do. Link : http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/search.aspx…
Source

0 comments: