army dental questions on joining?

Monday, February 28, 2011

my recruiter tells me i can join with bad teeth, even if i need implants or bridges on my upper mouth, is this true? my bottom are ok just 2 simple corrections that can be fixed no problem. my top need some work, there is no pain. will the army DQ Me at BCT OR AIT? if i get by meps? i just dont want to get sent home from BCT. is my recruiter just saying that to get me in real quick and then not care what happens after that? if you pass meps will the army DQ? please i need real answers asap please help
--------------------
Your dental situation will not DQ you from army service. You will get free dental care once you are in. During basic training and AIT you will usually you only get "emergency" dental care (any thing that will stop you from being able to eat). Once you get to yourpermanente duty station they will take care of all of your dental work, and will require you to get a yearlydentall exam and cleaning. The only problem is some of the dental care offered is lowest cost and may not be every thing you want. For example, they will not use white fillings on any teeth that do not show in the front of your mouth, or he fact that they can give youNovocainee, but they do not have laughinggass. With that, I'm not sure if they would give you implants, but it is likely that they would give you bridges, or even dentures if you need them Good luck.
Source

0 comments: