What collages should I look up?

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I want to be a Dental Hygeinist and I want the collage to be in California so I can take care of my parents.
--------------------
Hi, If you parents live in California, you should look at the area that they live in, and calculate the schools that are within a reasonable drive from where they live. Of course, which school you go to depends on what your desires and needs are. A community college may offer you a certificate program, and will probably take about two years to complete. This is the most affordable option. Professional Schools often provide accelerated training, but are very expensive and are frequently not "accredited", or are only partially accredited. This means that if you decide, later, to get an AA or a BA, most of your units might not transfer. You could end up paying for a "degree" that is not worth very much, and might not be recognized. You could spend the less money for the community college degree. Or, you could go to one of the California State University (CSU) campuses, which offer quality and reasonably priced (not cheap) education. The UC campuses are presigious, but do not always offer degrees in Dental Hygiene. Of course, if you can get into a UC and you can afford it, go for it. It is a great experience. How do I know this? I went to UCLA and UCBerkeley, I taught at Community Colleges for 8 years, and I now teach at a CSU. I know people who got ripped off by the "professional" schools, so I know you need to watch out. Your best bet, look at where your parents live, and look at where you would like to live, and research all the schools in those areas. Community Colleges offer the best deals, and offer the option of transfering to a CSU or a UC. I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have. Ron Lopez ronzolopez@earthlink.net To be a dental hygenist, you do not need a BA, and many community colleges do offer such programs. If a community college that offers a dental/medical professional program is nearby, (think one or two hours, depending on commute times) you should
Source

0 comments: