dental work and also 29 weeks pregnant?

Monday, February 28, 2011

Okay so here it is. I'm 29 weeks pregnant, and I go to the dentist next week to get a xray of my teeth too see what all needs to be done, if it all can be done ( since I am pregnant ). My teeth are in pretty bad shape, because I never had the proper care of going to a dentist regularly, because of no insurance. But now that i'm pregnant I have it, but it will be cut off after I have the baby. Anyway I have several cavaitys, 2 or really deep, the rest aren't really major, but noticable. I need my teeth cleaned, and possibly braces. And i'm not sure what it is called but when i was younger i had a loose tooth, but it never fell out, and it stayed in, and then the permanet tooth grew up above it. Would they be able to do all these things while i'm pregnant? I don't think i'll be able to get braces though, because SC medicaide doesn't cover it, i dont think. What's the most work you've ever gotten done on your mouth in one day??
--------------------
i'm assuming your dentist noticed that you are pregnant. unless you're going to given oral antibiotics, i don't see a problem. removing the embedded tooth under a local might present a problem but it can be done. lidocaine is about all you need worry about but it is pregnancy category B. see below: TERATOGENIC EFFECTS, PREGNANCY CATEGORY B: Reproduction studies have been performed in rats at doses up to 6.6 times the human dose and have revealed no evidence of harm to the fetus caused by lidocaine. There are, however, no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. Animal reproduction studies are not always predictive of human response. General consideration should be given to this fact before administering lidocaine to women of childbearing potential, especially during early pregnancy when maximum organogenesis takes place. category B antibiotics include amoxicllin, cephalosporins, azithromycin, erythromycin and clindamycin. discuss this with your dentist. i'm sure he does not want to do anything to jeopardize the baby.
Source

0 comments: