Urgent Dental Help! Infection in Wisdom teeth.?

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ok, so I am 18, 6', 185lbs. I just went to the dentist for a consultation of the extraction of my wisdom teeth. He said that I had pericoronitis. It is an infection under the flaps of my partially erupted wisdom teeth. Now....on wikipedia, it states that pericoronitis should be absolved before the extraction of the teeth. This is because it can make it spread to the throat and cause serious complications. The thing is....my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow! Shouldnt this infection be resolved before the extraction of the teeth? Also, he noted my large tonsils, then asked me about how I slept. I told him that I sleep okay, but most of the problems come from the amount of caffeine I have. Should I be worried about this? He didnt seem to bothered from it, but he asked me about my sleeping. Could it be from the infection in my wisdom teeth? cancer? I really have no idea, and I figure that since this doctor cant comprehend that the infection needs to be taken care of before the extraction, he probably wouldnt be able to diagnose a proper reason behind my enlarged tonsils... Please help....im going under the knife tomorrow morning!
--------------------
I would not worry about the present infection. What you read about was referring only to the most severe cases. If there is any worry about post op infection, I'm sure the dentist will prescribe some antibiotics along with some pain pills for you. If you have any concerns you will want to talk to him before the procedure. Good luck tomorrow.
Source

0 comments: