A Question About Dental Fillings.?

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I think I have a pretty serious situation here. I recently had my braces taken off a few months ago, unfortunately enamel came off on a lot of my teeth as well and the orthodontist filled them. Lately, for some reason, I'm losing all of my fillings. I'm in the Army National Guard and I thought i was going to get shipped to basic during march but there wasn't a spot for me during the time, but now I'm set to ship July 15th. I would go get them filled again but I'm no longer insured and i don't have enough money to pay for insurance yet let alone pay for the fillings. I know that they will get taken care of at basic but i am REALLY concerned about this. They don't cause me any pain. However, I don't wont to lose my teeth either... Whats the best course of action to take? Am I going to be ok as long as I take care of my teeth as usual until I get shipped out and get them taken care of there? or am I royally screwed?
--------------------
your problem after having your braces removed was decalcification... this is very common, however with more care during the time you had them on , the incidence of most of your teeth getting decalcification would have been lower.... before you waste any more time, ask your dentist or orthodontist to prescribe (MIpaste) for you . this product will replace some of the minerals that were lost ... about fillings coming off, it depends how old they were.... on the other hand, my concern would be new decays ...when you get new decays (recurrent decays) under or around the area that have been restored , there is a big chance that the filling get loose and come off....same goes when a crown comes off ( most often the reason would be decay under the crown)...so you need to see your dentist and have your teeth checked for any new cavities(decay)
Source

0 comments: