34 weeks pregnant and need dental work done!!!!?

Saturday, January 29, 2011

I am 34 weeks pregnant. Healthy pregnancy. Second pregnancy. I've moved and my dentist is 8 hours away. I called dentist around where I live now and they say it will take 4-5 weeks to get a root canal done. And they do a complete one. Just take out the main nerve and do the rest after delivery.They need a consultation ect.... I know I can call my dentist and he will perform the procedure. (Hopefully)I will be 35 weeks at that point. My OB said the cutoff was 34 weeks to travel. She wasn't going to tell me no, but just said the cut off is 32-34 weeks. Should I go and get it taken care of? If not, will the infection harm my baby? Does infection like this cause preterm labor? Should I try and deal with the extreme pain until after delivery or what?
--------------------
No Way . Dont wait. I had to have a million procedures done when I was pregnant with my 3rd and everything was fine. I never waited until after delivery for anything because it had to be done. And just to let you know, dont worry about preterm delivery at your time. One of my sons was born at 34 weeks and he was extremely healthy and great, and went home with me 2 days later when I went home. Just like a regular newborn. I would think infection is not good for the baby if it gets extreme, but I dont see how you can stand it by that point anyways. Id rather have a million babies than a bad infected tooth. That is ten times worse! Ouch. ... Its just better to get it done and you yourself dont need to be in pain.
Source

0 comments: