is there any dentists that are reasonable enough for a middle class to afford?

Friday, January 28, 2011

I have two kids to take care of, a mouth full of rot, dental insurance thru work, and cannot afford to have teeth pulled that are broken to the point of being stumps. every time i had one pulled in the past, mr. dentist tries so hard to get the root cannal and crowns, which are big bucks even just for the copays. are they worried about people that need help at all? or is it just worry about the pocket book?
--------------------
Yeah, welcome to my world. I have dental insurance too, but a root canal or crown is still $500 out of pocket. What kind of insurance is THAT?!?! I live 45 minutes from the Mexican border and people here are so desperate, they go across the border for dental care at a fraction of the cost. I've heard good and bad outcomes regarding that. Do you know if you have a local dental school? I don't think every town has one, but that was a good idea you were given. You're probably like me in that you make too much to qualify for any kind of program that would assist you with the costs. I wish I had a magical answer for you. I don't. It sucks and its wrong. Dental insurance needs some major reform. I never could figure out why your teeth and eyes were considered seperate from the rest of your body as far as medical coverage goes. Last time I checked, they were part of my body!
Source

0 comments: