I'm 17&need a part-time job.How would I go about getting a job at a day-care or animal shelter? ?

Friday, January 28, 2011

First,i've never worked before.I'm tired of going after what people call "crap jobs"(McDonald's,kroger,wal-mart,etc) and getting no results.So I obviously need to expand my horizon.I like helping kids and I do love little animals,but I have no formal training in child care or animal care.Also,I don't get out of school til 3:05 and aren't most day-cares closed by like 5 or 6?That wouldn't be very many hours.Any ideas? By the way,I don't know anybody that works in child care who could help me get a job at one of these places. I do have interest in child care.I want to either be a nurse that handles newborn babies or a children's dental hygienist.
--------------------
Look in the classifieds section of the newspaper. Also if you go to church or have contact with parents at other places, make it known that you like to babysit. If you have pet stores in your town go to the store and ask if they are hiring. You may want to check into after school programs in your town and see if they are hiring. Make some phone calls, it doesn't hurt to ask. Check with your school to see if they have any job postings, like in the guidance office. Do they offer child development at your school? Maybe the teacher gets inquiries for responsible teens for babysitting jobs. Just some ideas. Good luck,
Source

0 comments: