Doggie Dental Questions

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I was wondering if anyone knew of a product that would keep my dogs breath fresh and keep him mouth clean at the same time. I've tried brushing but he hates it... I was looking into Petkin Liquid Oral Care found on petsmart.com and wondering if that would do any good, also if for some reason I stop using it after a while will it make his teeth get any worse? I was also looking at 8 in 1 Breath Mints also on petsmart.com! Thank you very much, Emma
--------------------
Emma, Brushing really is the best way to keep your dogs breath fresh and his mouth clean. It can take several tries before they start accepting it. Don't give up. In the mean time, there are many products available. Many vets clinics carry enzyme treated chews that help keep teeth clean. You can check there or try some of the different products available. If your pooch already has plaque buildup on his teeth, I suggest a dental cleaning from your veterinarian. You start with a clean slate, so to speak and the teeth are much easier to maintain after that. Remember our 4-legged friends like to eat all kinds of nasty little things (especially when we are not looking) and I don't know if you are going to be able to maintain that perfect minty breath, but you can come close. You sound like a great pet owner, many people don't even realize the importance of good oral hygiene for their dogs or cats. You can always call your veterinarian and see what they recommend. Best of luck to you!
Source

0 comments: