What do I do after I graduate?

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I am an undergrad at a public school (UC) and want to go to dental school. However my GPA is no where near the average to get in. I have not taken the DATs yet and have talked to my counselors but they do not seem to really care what happens to me after I graduate. I dont really know what my options are after I graduate with a BS in bio sci. What can I do to help my chances of getting into dental school? Is dental school still even a realistic possibility? What other programs are available to me if i dont go to dental school?
--------------------
-Teach HS science teachers are in great demand -Teach Elementary school private school -Get PhD in bio sci and teach at university/if you were going on for degree in dentistry you could surely take the time to do PhD in your current major -Find a school of Vetrinary medicine- Off shore schools would be no problem to get in. -Go to med school in Guadalajara -Get a masters in business and work in a manufacturing company of bio sci sort. there are many and benefits are great- a lot of these in silicon valley area/ and everywhere else- the field is booming and possibilities and pay endless... almost Apparently dental is a tough program in CA due to competition and the boards, I have heard a tough to pass for anyone who has gone to dental school out of state- tho I am not the expert on this. Go speak to the dean of the school of dentistry and find out your options from him (or her). Best to you...
Source

0 comments: