How can I learn to be intimate with husband with bad teeth?

Saturday, January 29, 2011

I love my husband very much. He's a good man and a good provider and he loves me. But there is one thing about him that I am ashamed to say really turns me off...over the past couple of years, his teeth have begun to fall out and he even has front teeth and bottom teeth missing. The few remaining teeth are awful. He has always brushed his teeth daily and has good hygiene, but his family has a history of severe dental problems. When we got married, 20 years ago, his teeth were fine. It's not that he hasn't been to the dentist and tried to get them taken care of. Even though we have dental insurance, it only will pay a mere fraction of the cost of oral surgery and dentures. (Also, I know he is now avoiding the dentists because he doesn't want to get dentures....he's only 42.) We don't have $6000 to pay upfront. But lately, I am having great difficulty just being close to him and I feel so terrible and shallow for feeling that way. Any advice?
--------------------
I don't know where you live, but $6000 for dentures? That seems a bit high. Check around. You can always get on a payment plan. Bad teeth can lead to other health problems. I'd suggest you figure out someway to get the man some teeth.
Source

0 comments: