Living in the UK... expensive, expensive, expensive?

Monday, January 31, 2011

Does anybody find that they are struggling to cope in ths country with rising prices and costs of living. I feel that I am being priced out in every area: - Unable to afford a new car. - Unable to go on holiday. - Unable to start a family (costs of buying baby equipment etc). - Unable to make home improvements. - Unable to afford a private pension. - Unable to afford private medical insurance and dental care. There are many other things but I could go on all day. Anybody else find themselves in this situation.
--------------------
YES, i have recently just bought a new car but i was lucky because i inherited it. I have a flat in central london but i do have to put more than half of my wages into it. It is going to be another 10 or so years before i can sell the flat and move somewhere else. And don't even get me started on congestion charges, i really am just getting extremely ANNOYED about this and it could get worse I pay 64 pounds a week but it is worth it, I just love driving although it would be so much cheaper to get the tube it would also be faster than getting the car, but if you register you're car as a cab you can pay less than 50 pounds a year. (Found that out from top gear last Sunday). My job does not provide a pension and I am getting worried about my pension , I am 28 so I guess I would have to start saving up because I do really not want to get a state pension. Holidays – this Christmas will be my first holiday in 7 years, I am going to Finland with that money I inherited, I cannot wait, it is my girlfriends first trip abroad, And family – well my girlfriend is a week pregnant , it was an accident and I wish she was not pregnant but she wants to keep it, but I simply do not think that I will be able to afford it.
Source

0 comments: