What does one do to get their childs information with ex's health care benefits?

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My daughter lives with me. Her father sees her every weekend and gives me child support. He has been responsible. HOWEVER, he will not provide me any information with her heath care coverage. She currently has my coverage and he has my information ( a card) but he wont give me his information. Im really worried b/c if something happens to me (i plan on working in canada. currently in us...wont have coverage in windsor b/c only partime) my daughter wont be covered in canada with dental and medical. I would have to buy my own. Currently i work in the united states fulltime. In Windsor, there are only partime jobs but the pension is incredible and the us dollar is unstable. I need to work over here. He keeps telling me the paperwork is going through but she is already 16 months and there is a court order. I dont understand why he is making this so difficult. What can i do so that i also have some kind of assurance that he has placed her on his insurance and that i have access to it in case i need it? Its the law and there is a court order. He is being very difficult. Currently, he gives me postdated cheques up to next year with the full support. Im wondering if i should just start garnishing his wages b/c im starting to lose his trust. This is so frustrating and mean! I dont know how anyone can deny someone the information for their child? I do have a good lawyer but it will cost money again to see him regarding this issue. is there any easier way?
--------------------
I got the other side of the fence. I have a man who had to add his daughter to his insurance. It took from December with a court order all the way to july. I would be kind and ask. You don't always have to assume he is being an a** about it.
Source

0 comments: