I need answers from dental professionals only...?

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I am really worried b/c my husband has extremely bad teeth, most of his back ones are rotted and broken, everyone in his family has this b/c he grew up poor in a country where dental care isn't as common. I am afraid this will make him sick, I'm so worried and scared for him but I don't know what to do b/c when we took him to my family dentist they said they couldn't help him and that he needed an oral surgeon. We can't afford that, we're broke. We have no money to get this fixed. Plz help (serious answers only).
--------------------
As a dentist myself, I completely agree with bluemona's post above. Try to find a local dental school- I attended the Medical University of South Carolina School of Dentistry and if you allow a student to perform the dental work it usually costs about 1/2 of what it would normally cost to see a dentist. Most school dental clinics are also very willing to work with you to fix out a payment plan that will suit your budget. You might also want to try your count DFACS office, the county in which I live has a dentist on staff that will perform dental work free of charge to patients with low income. Bad teeth can cause very serious health problems if left untreated, so it is best to go ahead and take care of any problems before they become any worse.
Source

0 comments: