Dental care in the U.S. Army?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am currently in the Delayed Entry Program for the Army and I leave in little under a month. I have been in the DEP for almost 6 months now. Since this time, my wisdom teeth have started coming in and started pushing around my other teeth causing some of them to get messed up and mis-placed and such. I am not in any pain, only on rare occasions. I would of got my wisdom teeth pulled but both me and my parents can barely make ends meet so it was out of the question for me at the time. My question is, will this cause any problems for me when I go to basic training? Can I get disqualified or anything because of this? And, once I am in will the Army pull my wisdom teeth? And, I know this is of slight chance but will the Army also fixed my teeth that got messed/moved around by my Wisdom teeth?
--------------------
The Army will pull them for you when you get to you reception at basic. You will see the dentist a few times while there for cleanings, and any other work that you might need. The straighting however, I am not sure about.
Source

0 comments: