Loan from capital one for dental care?

Sunday, November 28, 2010

So i went to see a dentist the other week about a tooth that was bothering me. He said i need a root canal and tried to do it then and there. I told him i had somewhere to be, I didn't have time at the moment, not to mention i didn't have the money at the moment. So he set me up with a $1200 loan from capital one to pay for it and then i'd pay capital one back at $74.00 a month. Well after talking to a few people, they recommended I get a 2nd opinion before i get a root canal. So i went to see someone else, and that dentist said i absolutely did not need a root canal. Well i completely forgot about the loan with the first dentist, i canceled my appointment with him to get it done. And now i received a bill in the mail from capital one wanting my first payment. Do i still have to pay it even though i never got the root canal??? I plan on calling them tomorrow, but i'm freaking out right now! i can't afford to pay back $1200 that i didn't even end up using!
--------------------
Did you sign up for the loan? If you didn't and they can't prove that you did the dentist committed fraud. Calm down and don't worry about it. If you didn't sign up for the loan then you are not liable for it. If you did then the money is there send it back to them. The interest you should try to get the dentist to pay for it since he messed up.
Source

0 comments: