Doggie dental care?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

My dogs have always had really good teeth (even the vet thinks so) just from chewing on toys. I noticed that the dog that we recently adopted (like 4 or 5 weeks ago) has not so white teeth in back. I'm thinking that this is something that has happened recently because when we took him into the vet, she commented on how good his teeth looked. So if chews aren't working on keeping his teeth clean, then I was planning on brushing his teeth, but I've never had to do this before. Any advice as to how to go about it. He's pretty laid back, but doesn't really like grooming (like being brushed or getting his nails clipped). Also, whats a good way to help him like (at least tolerate with out trying to run away) being brushed? Heres a picture of him! http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320…
--------------------
What a cutie! I brush my dog's teeth once a week since she was a year old. It was definitely a process at first. I introduced her to the toothbrush and toothpaste first. I let her lick some off of my finger a couple times and then I let her lick it off the brush. After about a week of doing this everyday, she wasnt unsure about the toothbrush anymore, and it was easier to get the job done. She still dislikes it to this day, but she tolerates it. I have two kinds of toothbrush. I have a long one with bristles of different sizes on both ends (great for the back teeth). Then I have a thimble brush with bristles on it that works great for the front teeth. Hope it helps and good luck!
Source

0 comments: