In Need Of Dental Care/No Insurance?

Sunday, November 28, 2010

When I was 18 I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease. A good year prior to being correctly diagnosed, the disease had me vomiting on a daily basis, sometimes more than once a day. (my weight went from 305lb to 134lb) After seeing my dentist at the time when I still had insurance, he told me the stomach acids have damaged my teeth and be prepared to lose them eventually. Ever since they have been breaking very easily. I am now 26 and have lost most of them, and most broken down to the gum. I no longer have insurance as of turning 21, and have been trying to get disability without any luck. One of the conditions of Crohns is eating regularly, especially for me now since Crohns flipped my metabolism and it's extremely high now. I'm required to eat 4 full meals a day with healthy snacking in between. With my teeth as damaged as they are, it hurts most of the time and I'm unable to eat most food due to lack of teeth. It is extremely painful most of the time to brush and I get abscesses on a regular basis. I am in dire need of having my remaining teeth extracted and getting dentures. I cannot hold a job due to complications with my Crohns, all the hospital stays each year make that difficult. If anyone has anyway of helping me, I would appreciate it. I've been through every resource I can think for help of over the past year and finally broke down and now begging for help.
--------------------
go private
Source

0 comments: