Just spent a lot of $$ on dental care for dogs?

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I hate to be suspicious, or bitter, but the vet charges sooooo much money to clean the dog's teeth. $36 for pre-op blood work, anesthesia, surgical fluids $73 !! (it is sterile water with salt in it.!) and of course heartworm test $45, and the heartworm prevention medicine $48, and lets throw in some fluoride $14, oh, ummm hmmm how about some extractions?? lets pull the top front teeth that they dont use and charge $11 each? Course you will need the "pain pack" - that is 4 pills that cost about 20 cents each-- for $55 !! And the antibiotics for the needless extractions, that will be $27) I know they need to make some profit, but does anyone else think the vets are a little crooked?? I ended up spending about $800 on each of my 2 dogs. AT LEAST their breath smells great now!
--------------------
I clean their teeth myself. My pets also get dental treats
Source

0 comments: