Should i take 5 years or the normal 4 years to get my B.S. before applying to Dental Schools?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My first two years were done at a community college and at the time i was taking the necessary classes for dental hygiene. Now i go to E.W.U. and i want to be a dentist but i have some catch up . I can finish all my necessary classes in 4 years but i'd be grouping alot of harder classes together each quarter and going to summer school. Should i do this and risk lower grades or would dental schools care if i spaced these classes out and took 5 years to get my Bio degree?
--------------------
Your GPA in college will be very important to get into dental school. You need at least a 3.6. And sometimes with the science classes and hours taken, it is hard to do in 4 years. I would say it all depends on the individual and what he or she can handle. Take an extra year if it looks like things will be too heavy and I wish you good luck in your future.
Source

0 comments: