What options are there for health and dental care for a college student that can't get it from an employer?

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am a 20 yr old women that has no one left to turn to. My parent chooses not to work so I can't get it from her, even though I am a full time college student, which is going to school thanks to federal pell grants. I have applied for Medicaid but got denied for working too much (like 28 hrs is too much), I have tried work, but they can't make me full time because they don't give me enough hours to qualify, and I have looked at the student plans, but they only cover accidents. I don't know what else to do, I have never been to a doctor because I have never been covered by any plan, thanks to my parents, I would love to be able to go to the doctors. If anyone could give me any advise, I would be deeply grateful. Thank you
--------------------
contact your College's student affairs office there are insurance programs for FT students at a lower rate
Source

0 comments: