BLACK DOT: Cavity, Stain, or other ?

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm not sure what this is. At the beginning of August, I discovered a tiny, small black dot on the crease of one of my molars. I'm not sure if it's a cavity, because I do take good care of my teeth. So, I'm just wondering if anyone has a similar thing going on. I'm going for my dental sealants in September, so I AM going to see my dentist about my teeth, and ask about this "black dot". Thanks : )
--------------------
It is most likely an inactive cavity. Dentists have differing ideas on what to do with them...some prefer not to bother them since they are inactive; others will want to drill and fill them. I tend to think that the latter camp does this to milk your insurance. The more conservative dentists usually want to keep as much of your natural teeth around as possible.
Source

0 comments: