Hubby and money problems..What do I do?

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My hubby got an inheritence from his father when he died. So he caught up all the Bills and purchased new vehicles plus bought new furnishings for the house. I need some extension dental work done so he is taking care of that. He also bought me and our daughter new glasses and then bought her contacts to. With all this said he did this because he wanted to or thats what he told me at the time. Now he's saying since the money is almost gone I am not happy with him. Which is not true. He has changed since all of this has taken place. I have told him money doesn't mean anything to me but he refuses to listen to my facts ..He has his own logic,. This is driving me nuts what should I do... I only want serious answers ..this is something I need to know.
--------------------
okay so I talked about this with my hubby and this is what he had to say: Your hubby is holding himself to a higher standard of living now that he has been able to do all of that awesome stuff for you guys and now he is feeling guilty because he can't continue to take care of you in the same way. as far as what you should do about it, I think a little bit of understanding and support can go a long way. Of course if it were my husband, I'd just smack him and tell him to knock it off, but that is just us! LOL!! I guess what I mean by that is he is YOUR husband and none of us know you or YOUR relationship. I think if you truly take some time and look deep inside yourself, you'll find the answer on how to handle him. Men can be wierd when it comes to money. I know mine can. I'm a stay at home mom, and we have 3 kids. You don't think supporting all of us weighs on his shoulders? He tells me all the time he wishes we had more money so he could afford to do more things for us, but to me it honest to god doesn't matter. If I wanted more money, I would find a job. We have food, clothes, a home, electricity, heat, a newer car...all the basics are covered, see, and most important of all I have HIM! I tell him this all the time -- you are my world, my life, my love, my hero...my sun rises and sets by you, without you I am nothing. And while it may sound like a load of BS to a lot of people on here, it is the honest to God's truth and he knows it. and no, we are not even close to newlyweds...we have been together 13 years on 12-16-06. I have loved him since I was 19 years old and will until I die and beyond. Just be gentle with him, reassure him, coddle him...and in time he'll come around.
Source

0 comments: