Do teachers in Houston, TX get a good salary and health benefits?

Friday, March 11, 2011

I have a BS in Mathematics and am currently working in the consulting industry. Recently, I have been interested in switching careers. I would like to pursue teaching high school mathematics. Since my fiance and I are planning on moving to Houston, TX in another year, I am just wondering what their salary range is for math teachers. Also, I am wanting to know if they have good benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.) I have dental issues so I am particularly interested in how good their dental benefits are, but I also care about the medical and vision as well.
--------------------
The Houston area is certainly comparable to other large cities in the USA for salary and benefits, but if it is money you are most interested in, I would suggest you stay in the consulting business. Having a degree alone won't get you a teaching job either, you need the proper credentials for the state of Texas.
Source

0 comments: