thinking about moving to Canada with Vancouver Island in mind?

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hi, im thinking about moving to Canada, have been for awhile now. I live in Massachusetts right now, but have been drawn to Canada for years. I can never find much pride or much to celebrate in being an American. Massachusetts is beautiful, but is very expensive to live in. Living here half my life, I feel the people are rude, uptight, and set in their ways. I cannot afford college, dental, or health care, and feel like im just a number in a corporate and government system who is thought about only as a consumer. I dont know if its the complete opposite in Canada, and feel foolish believing it is that drastically different than the U.S but it is nice to know that they have universal health care, That makes me believe that the government cares about the people atleast somewhat. Does one stand any shot as a Entry level worker in Canada? I find the environment to be so beautiful and find it so lovely that the people there take care of it. It seems like a wonderful place for an aspiring artist/musician like myself. Vancouver Island and the Atlantic Provinces interest me the most, but Vancouver Island especially because im drawn to the west coast perspective of life. They have mountains, the ocean, close to nice cities, and its far away to start anew. Can you give me some further knowledge of Vancouver Island such as cheap places to live that have entry level jobs available? and how life is like in Canada? Im starting my savings now and am very serious about moving there within a year or two. Thanks so much!
--------------------
I'm puzzled about why you aren't asking any questions about the immigration process. You aren't already a Canadian citizen? Immigration to Canada as a skilled worker is a long, cumbersome, and expensive process for those who qualify. Without education and related work experience, you would generally not qualify. If you are between 18 and 30, you may qualify for a temporary worker permit through a working holiday program for students or young people. Look into SWAP, IAESTE, and CIEE. It would be unlikely to find an inexpensive place to live on Vancouver Island where you could support yourself with readily available jobs. Vancouver Island is probably the place Canadians most want to move to, because of the climate. The Maritimes and Newfoundland are a better bet.
Source

0 comments: