I'm facing financial disaster,declining health.?

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I was laid off my job of five years,my heath ins.& dental ins. was canceled right at the worst time (I have two infected molars that so painful) My 86 year old mother broke her hip last week and needs 24 hour care.And to top it off....my rent was raised and cable shut off.The stress has made it difficult to keep a positive attitude,and I don't know what other misfortune or disaster is around the corner...but I just know things are not looking so great.Can anyone relate to this?
--------------------
I know it seems overwhelming but it will be ok. I can relate to it. I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time worrying because things tend to work out. Now is when you need to concentrate on finding resources, a little at a time, to take care of the priorities. Try not to look at the situation as one big freight train coming but as separate issues and just do the next indicated thing, one foot in front of the other. Cable is nice but not a necessity. You have to take care of your teeth and will have to find a place that will take payments. Do searches for places in your area that provide resources and ask lots of questions about funding, payments, discounts, trades. I am not sure if you have your mom at your house but there are programs for care. I have known people that have gotten paid for caring for their relative. Just keep doing one thing at a time and cross it off your list. When you are finished with that task (looking up agencies, job hunting, etc) give yourself a break and try to be in the moment, take a walk, listen to music, dance, exercise, visit with friends if only on the phone. Also give yourself a little time to be afraid, sad, freaked out but meet it with a proactive activity after wards. Hang in there! I wish you serenity
Source

0 comments: